PortingXS is proud to present the Inports NMS – Number Management System, a service that allows our customers to better manage the processes dealing with their numbering plan.
Inports - NMS - Number Management System
With the ongoing liberalization of the telecommunication market, regulators and operators have been confronted with new/additional challenges regarding number management. They face rather complex issues when dealing with number management, such as:
- What is my domain (overall national numbering plan)?
- Whom did I issue what number to?
- What have been the conditions attached to these issued numbers?
- What different types of numbers do I have?
- What is the status of each number (reserved, issued, available, etc.)
- What has been communicated with the operator?
The Inports NMS is designed to anticipate these questions and to optimize and automate communication between the regulator and the operators. Through the system, application can be automated, reports can be generated and alerts can be configured. This will help both regulator as well as operators to better anticipate and plan ahead as well as simplify and speed up processes.
The national numbering plan is becoming more and more complex. New types of numbers are being issued, existing numbering plans may no longer suffice, and business rules may change. Some of the actual use cases are:
- A new numbering range for machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions.
- Implementation of number portability.
- An overview of available numbers/number ranges.
- Dependency with umbrella numbering plans (e.g. North American Numbering Plan).
- Inports NMS allows regulators to start optimizing the number processes before introducing Number Portability.
Customers using the Inports number portability solution knew already that a number of number management functions have been implemented. All these functions are of interest for operators. For regulators however the functionality is not enough. For that reason PortingXS has developed Inports NMS and has added process functionality from a regulatory point of view. Basic functionality includes order/entry, allocation, reservation, assignment, the administrative workflow and control of the national numbering plan. Extensive reporting also belongs to the basic functionality. Needless to say that Inports NMS can be fully integrated with Inports Number Portability solution.
Inports NP - Number Portability is the best-in-class suite of PortingXS's Number Portability solutions that fits all types of markets and all types of numbers. Varying from complete CRDB systems to Gateways into existing markets. Porting starts here.
Inports NMS - Number Management System allows regulators and operators to manage the processes dealing with their numbering plan. The solution for management of the numbering plan: allocating, reserving, short codes, MNP lookup etc.
A suite of Professional Services to further empower our customers. Services include:
Reporting Suite, Notification Services, Business Process Outsourcing, Custom Projects and services and PS for Broadworks and Oracle ACME SBC.